Friday, April 10, 2009

Hannah's After Action Report (Haircut)

I shot and edited this video last night. Hannah went to the barber and got a haircut with her friend. Then they had lunch. Turns out they had "snack & cheese" (what Hannah calls macaroni and cheese) with chocolate milk. She couldn't remember what chocolate milk was called.  Before I shot the video, she told me it was special. That's what inspired me to get the rest on video. We also had to make some phone calls.
 

 
On a technical note, it took a while to encode and upload because it is in HD. I shot it with a Sony Cybershot which records video at 640x480. Then I converted it to 720p and re-centered it to the lower portion of the screen to maintain the proper aspect ratio. It's not as crisp as it would have been if I recorded it to native HD, but it's a tiny bit better than what my standard camcorder could capture if it were still working.
 
The stills were stylized for the "sci-fi" theme (actually, the camera was in the wrong mode, so they look a little blurry).

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: