Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Foot Book


Karen told me she read "The Foot Book" to Hannah months ago.  As result, Hannah, who is almost three, can now tell the difference between her left foot and her right foot.

Tonight, Hannah asked me to read this book to her for the first time.  I am astounded to see how silly this book is.  How she picked up such a useful piece of information is completely beyond my ability to reason!  Here's a video of me reading the book with comments about left feet and right feet at the end:



I then cryptically reference Jonah Chapter 4 at the very end of the video.  To me, this information take together is an indictment to Christians.  Children most certainly do qualify as worthy to receive the Gospel.  But they are largely ignored.  Usually, Christians claim children are "under the age of accountability" but if God was so willing to destroy Nineveh though it contained those who could not tell their left from their right, what does that say about children who can?  Maybe I'm taking things too literally.

Fact is, I am a Christian.  I largely do not believe in this "under the age of accountability" stuff.  If we are to "become as a little child" then I would like to become as Hannah and love Christ.  Then be judged rightly.

Thus, it seems like any age of accountability is perhaps two and under.  Which means we have been mislead by most pastors in the church.  What else are they wrong about?

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: