Sunday, February 22, 2009

Posterous Favorites - Why Indeed?


I am ripping off an idea from a fellow posterouser:

The Favorite This feature of posterous is one of the best features a blog can have. Why do I say this?

There are millions of blogs on the Internet. It's getting crowded by the day. Besides, I have subscribed to thousands of posterous blogs myself! Do you really think me or anyone else who has subscribed to thousands of blogs can go through each of them?

I don't think so. But I still make it a point to not miss the best posts among these. How do I do this?

I randomly go to a few of the posterous blogs I have subscribed to, read the posts there and then head on to check out the favorite posts of that author. Trust me, 8 out of 10 times I find the best posts on posterous by checking out the favorites of fellow posterous users.

The favorites feature is one of the most convenient ways to allow all your subscribers a peek into what posts you like the most.

My suggestion - favourite all those posts that you think would be loved by your subscribers. Do not think of favorites as a way to bookmark for future reading. Think of it as a way to share what you like with those you care about. Besides, this is your way of thanking the author of that post for posting something good on posterous :-)

Now for all those who read this boring post and have reached this line, leave a link in the comments section to one of your favorite posts on your own posterous blog and I will Fav it and if possible Digg, Stumble and tweet it too ;o)

I like it when my friends blogs get traffic.

I also like this idea, so I will do the same for my blogging readers.  Please leave a comment of favorite posts of those on your own blog, if any.

In my blog, I have decided to tag my favorite entries with a "Best Of" tag.  I think it's a little more humble for me to tag them this way than to star them as my favorites, although I have done that on my very-very favorite articles of mine.  But that's just me.

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: