Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tikitagging Toys


I mentioned TikiTag before and how I'm using them to organize boxes.  There's another use I've developed.  It's actually similar to one of the uses listed on the TikiTag web page.  I have tags on certain toys the kids play with.

My innovation is to link a tag with a dedicated YouTube playlist.  So far, I have the following toys rigged up with tags:


The great thing about using a playlist is that I can add, remove, reorder any number of videos anytime, anywhere.  One thing all of these toys have in common is a hidden plastic surface.  For example, Elmo's tag is on his voice box hidden behind a velcro seam.  The goal is to hide the tags completely.

So far Hannah has figured out the cause-and-effect.  And it's a great supplement to changing the batteries!

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: