Friday, June 5, 2009

iTerm

I know how to fix it, I just thought this message was kind-of funny.  I got the message after iTerm recommended doing an automatic update to the latest version:

'You cannot open the application "iTerm" because it is not supported on this architecture.'

Yes, I have an old 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4 17" PowerBook (2GB RAM).  And I haven't been keeping up with iTerm updates.  No worries.  I downloaded it manually and it ran fine.  But it makes me wonder if a scenario will ever arise where I can't manually fix it because nobody bothers to compile a PPC or Universal Binary any longer.  What it is, this laptop is the most relyable piece of hardware I've ever owned.  I am on highly borrowed time as it is, so I can't say I'm truely worried much about this.

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: