Friday, December 5, 2008

Perpetual Bush


My previous prediction is still forthcoming.  While we're waiting, I think I'll add some more detail and make another prediction contingent on it.  It's all just speculation, but indulge me.

On the 18th of this month, or thereabout, I think we will see:

  1. The Dow fall by 3,000 points in one day.
  2. SEC will halt trading.
  3. Some hedge funds will start to default.
  4. The Federal Government will start to guarantee hedge funds.

All this will result in a postponement of the inauguration, which means Bush will not step down on schedule.  How do I know this?  It's based on a hunch, but there is one objective principle: speed.

The administration will point out that The Plan needs a person with "temporary" emergency powers to fix the mess we're in quickly and with agility.  The administration will correctly claim that legislative bodies cannot act fast enough (central government pretty much never moves fast enough).  The administration may make use of the legislative process to hand over emergency powers or they may not.  Obama will back off and endorse this decision to avoid further deterioration in the crisis.

I really don't think this is part of some evil master plan.  I really do think this is just how these things play out.  There are some eerie signs of this going much wider ... e.g.:



In anticipation, I'm making my signs already ... e.g.:

Posted via email from Anthony Martin's Weblog

No comments: